The world how advertising is constantly revolving. With the advent of the internet many new forms of advertising have become available. These new forms and many old ways as well provide many opportunities for a creative person to get involved in the advertising business. Here are 5 ways that you can use to break into the business.
1. Advertising Agency: It used to be that the big ad agencies were the ones being paid all the bucks. But there is always a place for a creative mind in a field like advertising. And there is plenty of business to go around. And while small businesses don’t often have big budgets they do have a need for someone that specializes in the field of advertising.
That’s because nearly any business can benefit from a well run advertising campaign. One advantage of such a business is it can start out as a home based business. You will of course need the usual array of office equipment though. Experience in this type of business can of course be very helpful. But that experience doesn’t necessarily have to come from working in the field.
Many small business owners have had to design ad campaigns for their businesses. And while this cannot substitute for working in the industry it should provide you with a basic working knowledge. From there the rest is up to you.
2. Direct Mail Service: Coupons have been around for decades. And they are still going strong. For an advertising company looking to connect buyers with sellers and vice versa this can be a great business opportunity. Coupon books have long been a great way to get the word out about a business. And a coupon campaign is also well positioned to be kept track of.
This is of great value to businesses that are looking for hard statistics about the results of a campaign. With this kind of business you have the chance to help promote other great businesses and give customers of those businesses a chance to save some money. Such a business can be run from home. And much of the work can be outsourced to others. Leaving you the time you need to be out making sales of your own.
3. Garage and Estate Sales Promoter: Do you have the ability to put together a good sale? Well then this may be a great business opportunity for you. Garage sales and estate sales happen all the time. This is a business that usually takes place on the weekends. So you have the whole week to prepare and get the word out.
Preparation in this business is a key ingredient. People are always looking for the chance to score a bargain or find something unique. But they have to know there is a sale in the first place. And that is what you get paid to do. You help to organize the sale, promote it, and cleanup after its all said and done. For this service you’ll earn anywhere from 25%-50% of the proceeds from the sale. If the sale is a hit that can mean a pretty good payday for a few days work.
4. Magnetic Signs: Do you use your personal vehicle for business? Have you wanted to advertise your business on your vehicle but didn’t because you didn’t want to ruin the paint job? If so then you understand the dilemma of many business owners. And you can help solve this problem.
Magnetic signs are signs that are made specifically to be removed when someone feels it is necessary. This allows many business owners a great deal of flexibility in being able to advertise their business during the day. And take out that significant other on a date at night.
This business does not require much start up capital. What it does require is the ability to go after new business. But there should be plenty of that around.
5. Promotional Products: From tee-shirts, pens, hats, and calendars, to coffee mugs and day planners. There are all sorts of promotional products to choose from today. And you never know which one a company may want to give away to its customers and employees.
The beauty of this business is that it is not necessary for you to manufacture the items yourself. There are already plenty of companies that are doing that for you. And much cheaper than you could anyway. It is also unnecessary for you to get into the printing business. Because there are plenty of companies that can handle that as well.
Your business is to sell. And there are plenty of businesses just waiting for you to pay them a visit. With markups on promotional products averaging 50% there is plenty of room here for an enterprising person to build a very nice little business for themselves.
Advertising comes in many different forms. And each one is a potential opportunity for you to fulfill your goals. So if you are looking for just the right opportunity to pursue then maybe one of these business ideas is a good fit for you.