Viveca StoneÂ of getreadyforlove.com shares with us some of her tips from her experiences withÂ Robert KiyosakiÂ Cashflow 101 game.Â Hope some of these tips can help you get more out of the game.
First, what is Cashflow 101? It’s like Monopoly but all grown up. It is a realistic simulation of how you play cashflow in the real world only in this game you don’t really lose your shirt and you learn how to win in the real world. It is fun, challenging, educational. Now I know what to do.
Now, Here are my game tips …
1. Build a game “team.” These are people you want to play with, grow with. I played with the same team 2x/month for six months. Now we are playing with real money! (and supporting each other.)
2.Â Always, no matter, what forgive yourself at the end of each game. I was so angry a couple of times that I was speechless. Once I realized where 200K had gone and why …
Like Robert says “Mistakes are simply indications of what you did not know.” Get the lesson – let it go & move forward.
3. Try playing just the “Banker” position. Notice how respectfully you are treated by others when you are in control of their money!
4. When you pull your income/occupation card ask yourself how you feel … Do you feel like a winner going into the game? How does that relate to how you feel in real life?
5. Don’t drink alcohol while you are playing the game – you need your wits about you just like in real life …
6. Have fun developing a system that works for you. You will take your system plus the knowledge plus your intuition into the real game and win!
7. Educate yourself! In addition to the game have your group read and discuss a financial book – financial opportunities … financial dreams …
Notice how little you are doing this now …
8. Include your kids. The best gift you’ll ever give them is financial literacy – the confidence that goes with knowing what to do and how to do it.
A perk – you’ll know what they are up to because they’ll be home playing with their friends! One of mine Loved it so much he would even play it solitaire!